Re: Dinosaur toot numbers

<A good candidate would be an adult Anatotitan, which had circa 2000 teeth
at any one time.>

  A better ornithischian would be the closely related *Edmontosaurus
annectens*, the recorded record holder and long-jawed animal in terms of
rank and file of tooth positions; *Anatotitan* is I beleive a close
second, and I may have them backwards, but I was aware that it was
*annectens* that was the toothier of the two; but hey, they are both
Lancian edmontosaurs. The most multi-toothed theropod is *Pelecanimimus
polydon* with over two-hundred crowns grouped in the rostral 1/3 of its
jaws (in *Edmontosaurus* it is in the middle 1/3). The most multi-toothed
sauropodomorphan is, I beleive, long-jawed *Plateosaurus* with about 40
teeth total. Most other plateosaurs are blunter- and shorter-snouted
relative to height at the preorbital position of the lachrymal.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden