Re: new ref on Spinosaurus

Jose Ignacio Ruiz-Omeñaca wrote:

BUFFETAUT, E. & OUAJA, M. 2002. A new specimen of Spinosaurus (Dinosauria, Theropoda) from the Lower Cretaceous of Tunisia, with remarks on the evolutionary history of the Spinosauridae. Bulletin de la Société géologique de France, 5, 415-421.

A fragment of left dentary from the early Albien (Ain el Guettar Formation, Chenini member) of Jebel Miteur (southern Tunisia) is described as Spinosaurus cf. aegyptiacus.

I don't suppose this is the same fragment we saw Milner snuggling with in a popular magazine, is it?

Nick

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp