Re: Titanosaurus (was RE: Some Comments Re: Antarctosaurus)

In a message dated 11/4/02 3:14:59 PM EST, TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< AFAIK, the species _T. indicus_ has *never* been officially diagnosed -
with
 the possible exception of Lydekker's original description, which is now
 obsolete.  Several authors (McIntosh, 1990; Jain and Bandyopadhay, 1997)
 have drawn attention to the flat-sided, laterally compressed mid-caudals of
 _T. indicus_ as features that may distinguish this taxon from other
 titanosaurs, when put in combination with the strongly procoelous caudals.
 But no author to my knowledge has gone so far as to offer a diagnosis for
 the species. >>

Tim, it's time for you to publish a diagnosis of Titanosaurus indicus. No
kidding. Incidentally, I'm having some difficulty even finding the catalogue
numbers of the type caudals; anyone who has this info please email me.
They're stored in some Indian museum; I thought they might be at the BMNH,
but there's only a cast there.