Re: "Carnosaurs"

Aegyptiacus@aol.com wrote:

<<Spinosauroid, according to the most recent unpublished matrices>>

<Wasn't it thought until recently to be a megalosaurid or a carnosaur?>

  Doesn't really matter here, except the data used to support the
position. Published data puts *Piatnitzkysaurus* all over the basal
tetanuran field, and only Allain has so far presented (at SVP, not
published, and therefore untestable right now) the idea that it is
anywhere close to either the "megalosaurs", or spinosauroids. One should
be wary, however, in that *Piatnitzkysaurus*, and in som,e of Holtz'
matrices, may be prone to clade-jumping because it is a pretty
plesiomorphic animal, and even in Allain's tree it was pretty basal.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden