Re: SUCHOMIMUS = BARYONYX

I'm replying out of sequence here, forgive me.

<Not a genus, or, for that matter, any higher Linnaean category, provided
only that you're not the proverbial man in the street but an interested
and  experienced naturalist. If such an individual has to do detailed
analysis to  distinguish populations of animals, the animals belong to the
same genus, but maybe in different species of that genus.>

  I still see no difference in just naming a taxon on the basis of a
specimen and comparison to other specimens versus naming ranks and
arranging taxa as a result of ranks...

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden