Re: SAPE Proceedings: papers of mass distraction

Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>   And what expertise in bird bones have you to judge the nature of an
> avian nomen dubium? These people have been studying birds for between ten
> to thirty years, their entire adult, scholarly career. I would ask _them_.
> Both authors are, I beleive, alive and well in London.

Actually, David Parris is curator of the New Jersey State Museum, and Sylvia
Hope is a research associate in the Department of Ornithology and Mammalogy at
the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco.  Ms. Hope's recent paper
"The
Mesozoic Radiation of Neornithes" appears in _Mesozoic Birds: Above the Heads
of Dinosaurs_.

--------Ralph W. Miller III
             ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu