Re: "JP4 a GO!"

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dann Pigdon" <dannj@alphalink.com.au>
To: "DML" <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, November 09, 2002 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: "JP4 a GO!"

> Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
>
> > One could also make a case for JP dinosaurs being featherless as the
result
> > of using too much of the frog genome and not having much of the birdlike
> > genome available. Those who built the dinosaurs didn't go for feathers
in the
> > genome because dinos were not known to have been feathered then.
>
> Or they originally DID turn out with feathers, but the scientists
> thought this was due to some sort of contamination, and deliberately
> altered the DNA to create the familiar scaly lizard-creatures we all
> grew up with.

Ummm. . .ummm. . .it's only a movie!!!!!!

I like the books and movie as much as the next guy, but this thread is a
little out of the bounds of dinosaur science. . .
Andrew A. Farke
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, Box P301
501 E. St. Joseph St.
Rapid City, SD  57701

Phone: 605-394-2817

E-mail: andyfarke@hotmail.com