Re: From Science New, and more

From: "Steven Coombs" <gasperex@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
CC: gasperex@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: From Science New, and more
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:19:40 -0500

From: "Tim Donovan" <msdonovan66@hotmail.com>
To: jbois@umd5.umd.edu, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: From Science New, and more Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 07:19:08 -0500

Right. Note the loss of some diversity about 2 million years before the end, which suggests another factor causing a preliminary extinction.

I thought it was 10 million years, I don't remember where I heard that, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There was some loss of diversity by the early Maastrichtian. Pachyrhinosaurus, for example, was the only centrosaurine genus left by then. But the saurolophines and centrosaurines didn't disappear entirely until the Lancian period, when lambeosaurs were also virtually gone.

Steven Coombs *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Steven's Dinosaurs: http://stevensdinosaurs1.tripod.com