Position: Pal. Inst., MfN, Berlin

C4 Professor of Paleozoology, Museum for Natural History, Berlin

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to a recent advertisement in Nature (vol.
419: issue 6910: 30 October, 2002: see also
http://www.hu-berlin.de/indexe.html) for the position of C4 Professor of
Paleozoology in the Institute for Paleontology of the Museum for Natural
History, Berlin.

We expect that this position will be filled in the mid to latter part of 2003
and would like to emphasise that it is specifically intended for a
palaeontologist whose work includes specimen based research. The candidate
should also have a broad understanding of paleontologic research including more
theory driven aspects as are published, for example, in journals such as
Paleobiology.

The successful candidate will be able to negotiate for substantial start up
funds, will become a member of one of the largest and most active groups of
paleontologists in Europe, and will have access to one of the world's most
important paleontological collections.

Prospective candidates are strongly encouraged to obtain more information on
the institute and museum by visiting our website
(http://www.museum.hu-berlin.de/home.asp), and by contacting the current
Institute Director, Prof. H.-P. Schultze (eMail:
hans-peter.schultze@rz.hu-berlin.de, tel: +49 (0)30 2093 8864), or other
members of the institute (see website for details).

The deadline for applications is 15 December and they should be sent to:

PR/020/02
Humboldt Universität zu Berlin
Dekan der Mathematisch-Naturwissenschaftlichen Fakultät 1,
Herrn Prof. Dr. Michael Linscheid,
Invalidenstrasse 110, 10115 Berlin, Germany.

We would be most grateful if you could transmit this message to other list
servers (adding them to the list below to avoid duplication) in order to ensure
that it is as widely distributed as possible.

The Curators, Institute for Paleontology, Museum for Natural History, Humboldt
University, Berlin.

Listservers already contacted:

vrtpaleo@usc.edu
PaleoNet@nhm.ac.uk