Subj:   Knight Prints
Date:   11/14/2002 11:45:42 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:    Danvarner@aol.com
Sender:    owner-dinosaur@usc.edu
To:    dinosaur@usc.edu

Many of Chas.R.Knight paintings and drawings are now available as high
quality prints. There are two basic collections: one prehistoric and one
consisting of modern animals. Particularly excellent are the small-sized
versions of Knight's American Museum mammal murals such as the White River
Titanothere Group, Woolly Mammoth, and (my favorite) Woolly Rhinos in a scene
that reminds me of back home in Minnesota in my salad days. These paintings
were later enlarged to full size using grids. Two versions of Knight's
Charcarodon panel are here also, as well as an extremely early (by the looks
of it) elasmosaur.

There are a number of fine modern studies including Knight's
masterpiece, Bengal Tiger with Peacock. Go here to see them:

http://www.artofhistory.com/partners/chkn/main.shtml

DV