Just wanted to say hello

I just joined this list because I have long had a love
for and enjoyment of anything having to do with
dinosaurs and paleontology. If I'd had my head on
straight as a kid, I would have gone into it -- but I
didn't and now it's way too late. However, I can still
enjoy learning.

I won't be posting much here because I hate sounding
stupid -- but I will be lurking and enjoying your
posts and learning more about our favorite critters.

Okay, so I am about to sound stupid. Please forgive
me. How does one go about getting a job on a dig? I
don't mean anything as advanced as finding and digging
up fossils -- but surely there's some use to which a
dino lover with a little brains can be put like
hauling dirt away from the dig, cleaning tools,
getting coffee -- whatever.

I do know a little about computers and I am a writer.
Useful on a dig or no?

I am desperate to actually be there (anywhere!) when a
discovery is made or even if there are just nice
possibilities and no fossils yet. I want to do that
someday before I die. Hopefully, that won't be any
time soon, but you know what I mean.

Any place for volunteers? Oh, my husband would want to
go, too.

Rita