re: On Mesozoic "birds" and Eocene whales

Stephan Pickering (stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com) wrote:

<The J.G. Thewissen [not "Hans" on its title]>

  Just for clarification, this is Hans Thewissen, no matter that this is a
nickname commonly used for him, as in Eberhard Frey (commonly called Dino
by colleagues); "Hans" is a shortening of his first name, Johannes. By
similar dint, there will be people referring to Dino Frey's papers, but
the title will have him as E. Frey -- check:

  http://www.neoucom.edu/Depts/HRES/FACULTY/BMSfac/ThewissenJ.html

  for confirmation. There is no other Thewissen working on cetacean
evolution.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden