re: On Mesozoic "birds" and Eocene whales

REPLY: Yes, Hans is Hans, and Hans Thewissen = J.G.
Thewissen is the only Thewissen working on
paleocetaceans. I am sitting with several of his
papers, and, after having waited several
minutes,wondering if, like Alice, I have fallen
through a mirror, I realize that Hans is J.G.
Thewissen, and, over the years, I can remember no
instance of suddenly being filled with confusion and
anguish about the synonymy of Hans Thewissen & J.G.
Thewissen...or, for that matter, E.H. Colbert & Ned
Colbert...or Gerhard & Gershom Scholem.
Have a wonderful day.

http://www.neoucom.edu/Depts/HRES/FACULTY/BMSfac/ThewissenJ.html