Re: Types of Types

In a message dated 11/18/02 1:05:35 PM Pacific Standard Time,
EmmaR@mesalands.edu writes:

<< Syntype: **no longer recognized by ICZN**

 Type series: collection of specimens in original description. (somewhat like
 'syntype' when it existed)

I checked the ICZN 2000 and syntype is still there: A syntype is any single
specimen of a type series. Sure wish I had checked this before working off
the top of my head; I'd have been more precise. I'm going to change "syntype
series" to "type series" globally in The Dinosaur Catalogue, since that's the
current ICZN usage.