Re: The Final Days

Adam Britton Wrote

> and larger crocs can take moderate
> sized mammals (monkeys, even small deer - these crocs get to 18 feet long,
> and their jaws become pretty robust). There are even reports of them
> attacking humans (emphasis on "reports"!).

How about "reports" accompanied by photographs?  I can't post the photo, but
here's the caption:  "Far outweighing a human being. an adult crocodile,
such as this Indopacific Crocodile captured in Sumatra, is quite capable of
taking a fully grown man or woman.  The dismembered remains recovered from
it's stomach are evidence of the crocodile's skill in reducing it's prey to
a managable size, often by literally shaking it's victim to pieces."  Photo
shows a human torso and two legs laying on the beach beside a dead croc
about 16 feet long, while a young man hauls  a human arm out of the croc's
split open belly, and another pokes the croc with the preverbial 10 foot
pole.  Crowd of horrified onlookers in the background, many holding both
hands over their mouth, nose and  face.  Several other "reports" in a whole
chapter devoted to the subject in:  "Crocodiles and Alligators"  Consulting
Editor Charles A Ross,  Facts on File,  New York  1989.  -  Bill

Bill & Rebecca Hunt
Hunt Wildlife Studios
119 Bierstadt Ct
Livermore,  CO  80536
970-484-0894
e-mail;  bill@huntstudios.com
Web;  http://www.huntstudios.com

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch
manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die
gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -- Robert A. Heinlein