Re: R: Allosaurus topotype

Filippo Calzolari (calzola@iol.it) wrote:

<<honouring _two_ people, shouldn't it be A. whiteorum?>>

Stephan Pickering (stefanpickering2002@yahoo.com) wrote:

<Good morning. Yes, it probably should be, and I'll revise the species
when published in greater detail.>

  If your original publication stands as a valid item under the ICZN, you
can't rename it: the ICZN no longer permits species emendations, even if
the grammar is off. If *A. whitei* was named validly, it sticks. If,
however, the publication does not count, you are free to coin the name *A.
"whiteorum"* in a valid publication. Sticky situation. This issue of
publication NEEDS to be resolved.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden