GRANICONES, AUSSIE PLESIOSAUR

Have just heard from Paul Barrett that his paper on the
Purbeck 'granicones' is now out. I don't have a reference
though (does this mean that the Purbeck special volume has
appeared?). Most recently Barrett and Clark (at SVPCA
Portsmouth) proposed that the granicones were from a
helodermatid but more recent finds have shown this to be
incorrect. I don't want to 'announce' the new identity
without seeing the paper first but the ID I was told about
means that the granicones are certainly not of dinosaurian
origin.

Have seen on the newswires a story about a new Cretaceous
plesiosaur specimen found in South Australia and being
worked on by Ben Kear. The articles also mention a Ben
McHenry who is also involved with the specimen. I assume
this isn't a jumbled reference to our own beloved Colin.
Does anyone know otherwise?

--
Darren Naish
University of Portsmouth UK, PO1 3QL