Re: GRANICONES, AUSSIE PLESIOSAUR

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:
> [...]
> Have seen on the newswires a story about a new Cretaceous
> plesiosaur specimen found in South Australia and being
> worked on by Ben Kear. The articles also mention a Ben
> McHenry who is also involved with the specimen. I assume
> this isn't a jumbled reference to our own beloved Colin.
> Does anyone know otherwise?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,5507585%255E2702,00.html
[...]
Four scientists from the South Australian Museum returned to the state's
far north at the weekend to excavate a prehistoric reptile resembling the
Loch Ness monster.
[...]
Paleontologist Ben Kear said the bones of the rare 7m-long marine reptile
would fetch thousands of dollars on the black market.
[...]
The museum's Ben McHenry is aware of dozens of fossil sites across the
country kept secret for fear of attracting poachers.