Re: New issue of Paleontology

COMMENT: I would be keenly interested in the opinions
of Jeff Wilson and Matthew Bonnan on the sauropod
paper. Jeff Wilson, in particular, has, after
exhaustive analyses, found nothing diagnostic about
"Cetiosaurus".
   Re: the Chure/Alain effort to rescue Poecilopleuron
bucklandii and to bury Megalosaurus bucklandii: the
effort is a surprise, considering R. Alain's
indebtedness to Sam Welles's thorough osteological
comparisons of all of the hypodigms. I have Sam's
length description (albeit based on the 1838 mss.) of
the French taxon, to be sure, appearing in my
in-progress Mutanda Dinosaurologica (where
Megalosaurus is a senior synonymn of Poecilopleuron
(and its variant spellings)and Dan Chure's new
Allosaurus sp. is, after some thought, is synonymized
into A. fragilis. I, for one, would very much like to
peruse R. Alain's Ph.D. dissertation, examine his data
bases, as these have not been forthcoming from such a
careful scholar.