Re: Article on Archaeoraptor hoax

Toni Geoly wrote:

<Now researchers have identified the fake's front end. It belongs to the
species Yanornis martini, say Zhonge Zhou of the Institute of Vertebrate
Paleontology and Paleoanthropology in Beijing, China, and colleagues. It
was discovered through a different specimen last year">

  Well, looks like *Archaeovolans* is a junior synonym of *Yanornis*, a
name which has priority by a year (late last year). This has been the
assessment of most who've looked at it, and so ... voilà!

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden