MORE ON PURBECK

In my last email on the Purbeck papers in _Cretaceous
Research_ 23 (2002) I wondered: Have the other long-
awaited papers on Purbeck dinosaurs appeared in the same
issue? Recall that the papers we're waiting for here are
Barrett on _Echinodon_, Milner on _Nuthetes_ and
(possibly) Norman on _'Iguanodon' hoggi_. Last night I had
a closer look at the granicone paper (Barrett et al. 2002) and
have an answer to this question: No.

Both _Nuthetes_ and _Echinodon_ are mentioned in
passing in the paper and for both the respective papers are
cited as in press. Even better, they are listed in the
references as...

Milner, A. C. (in press). Theropod dinosaurs of the Purbeck
Limestone, southern England. In Batten, D. J. & Milner, A.
R. (eds) _Life and environment in Purbeck times, Special
Papers in Palaeontology_ 68.

Norman, D. B. & Barrett, P. M. (in press). Ornithischian
dinosaurs from the basal Cretaceous (Berriasian) of
England. In Batten, D. J. & Milner, A. R. (eds) _Life and
environment in Purbeck times, Special Papers in
Palaeontology_ 68.

There is also...

Milner, A. C. (in press). The turtles of the Purbeck
Limestone Group, southern England. In Batten, D. J. &
Milner, A. R. (eds) _Life and environment in Purbeck
times, Special Papers in Palaeontology_ 68.

Salisbury, S. W. (in press). Crocodilians from the Lower
Cretaceous (Berriasian) Purbeck Limestone Group of
Dorset, southern England. In Batten, D. J. & Milner, A. R.
(eds) _Life and environment in Purbeck times, Special
Papers in Palaeontology_ 68.

The volume should appear fairly soonish and will clearly be
one to look out for.

--
Darren Naish
University of Portsmouth UK, PO1 3QL