Re: Megalosaurus and Titanosaurus

In a message dated 11/21/02 11:54:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

<< The two
 scapulae mentioned above showed a smaller, fused scapulocoracoid versus a
 larger, separate pair of elements. One femur is more primitive than that
 which appears to be "spinosauroid", and may ceratosaurian, but this is
 preliminary. >>

Clearly what we need here is to find, first, a theropod skeleton that has the
first kind of postcrania associated with a dentary, and second, another
theropod skeleton that has the second kind of postcrania associated with a
dentary. Then, if and only if >both< dentaries resemble the type dentary of
Meg bucklandii will Meg bucklandii be a nomen dubium.

Just because we don't know which, if either, postcrania go with the type
dentary doesn't make Meg bucklandii a nomen dubium.