RE: [...] Breviparopus taghbaloutensis size

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> David Marjanovic
>
> > Has anyone calculated the actual size of *Breviparopus
> > taghbaloutensis* known only from its giant (115 x 50 cm) footsteps?
> > I've read it could even be the largest dinosaur ever.

Just a reminder:
_Breviparopus_ is the name of the *tracks*, NOT the trackmaker.  If and when
the trackmaker is found, it will have a different name.

So, technically, _Breviparopus_ is 115 cm (or whatever the exact measurment)
is long.  The trackmaker would have been considerably larger... :-)

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite