Albisaurus

On 22 November 2002, <Dinogeorge@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 11/21/02 11:06:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> Seismosaurus@seznam.cz writes:
>
> << Originally Albisaurus scutifer Fr., only a part of phalangus and
>  dermal scale. Was recognised as an
>  alligator.
>  >>

> Do you have a reference for this? A. scutifer and A. albinus are not quite
> synonyms, but if they are, A. albinus has priority (if I recall correctly).

No recent study has been published on this one. All I have is a good
old _Frič, A.: Studie v oboru českého útvaru křídového, VI. Teplické
vrstvy, Praha, 1889_, where the genus *Albisaurus* is mentioned for
the first time, species is *A. scutifer*. Frič himself than
recognised resemblance of the phalang (?) to that of _Iguanodon
bernissartensis_ and changed both generic and specific names. In
aforementioned publication it's noted as: Albisaurus scutifer Fr.
(=Iguanodon ? Albinus Frič). This is available info, but it's not the
matter of my deepest interest, so I even may be wrong...

Reklama:
Nenechte si ujit novy film Woodyho Allena "Hollywood Ending" - blaznivou
komedii o tom, jak se ve tme strefit do cerneho. V kinech od 3.9.2002.
Sledujte http://www.hce.cz