Prehistoric Plankton Predators (PPP for short)

Are there any giant plankton-feeders from the Mesozoic? It really seems odd to me that throughout the Mesozoic, no animal seemed to take advantage of the plankton & grow to a huge size. Just look at our modern-day oceans: Among the elasmobranchs we have the Whale Shark (Rhincodon typus) the Basking Shark (Cetorhinus maximus) & the Megamouth Shark (Megachasma pelagios) the various species of Mobula & Manta rays, (Mobula sp. & Manta sp.) The teleosts have provided us with the Ocean Sunfish (Mola sp.), and let's not forget the 10-13 species of Mysticete or baleen whales.

If our modern oceans can support such a wide diversity of giant plankton feeders, why not the oceans of the Mesozoic? Surely the oceans then were just as bountiful; I cannot believe that the oceans of the Mesozoic were plankton-deficient. Or were the predatory marine reptiles & sharks so successful that large peaceful plankton-feeders could not evolve until they were wiped out after the K-T?