Truncation inconsistencies

There's something very odd about these truncation messages. When I downloaded e-mail with Eudora Pro 4.3 on my desktop mac, I got the real message. But when I downloaded the same messages from the same server using Apple Mail on my new iBook I got the Truncated message. Whatever we're seeing must depend on some interaction between the message and the e-mail software.