Re: Re., SCANSORIOPTERYX

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:57:17
 Richard Peirce wrote:
>Zhang's paper makes no mention of hair or feather-like impressions. >Czerkas'
>does. It describes "wispy 'hair-like' impressions [that] >can be seen around
>select parts of the body" and interprets the >filaments as forming "V-shaped
>patterns" like down feathers. They >are most obvious trailing from the left
>forearm and manus.

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been awhile since I've read the paper, so I very
well could be), but didn't Zhang et al. mention a few traces of filament on the
_Epidendrosaurus_ slab??  Or, am I thinking of something else?  In any event, I
don't think there was much preserved.

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte