Re: Forthcoming theropod paper of note on the manus

--- Aspidel <aspidel@wanadoo.be> wrote:

> From: "Nick Gardner"
>

> > It seems unlikely if Eoraptor lunensis and the herrerasaurids are
> theropods,
> > but I recall in the SVP abstracts from 2001 that they might not be.
>
> What could they be if they aren't theropods? Basal dinosaurs, more basals
> than any theropod? Protodinosaurs as _Marasuchus_?

It has been proposed that they are non-dinosaurian dinosauriforms, closer to
dinosaurs than _Marasuchus_ and _Pseudolagosuchus_, but, unless I'm mistaken,
it now seems to be more popular to regard them as basal saurischians, outside
Sauropodomorpha and Theropoda.

=====
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====