From: "Laura Driussi" <laura.driussi@ucpress.edu>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 8:31 AM
Subject: NEW BOOK: Mesozoic Birds

on Mesozoic birds (http://go.ucpress.edu/mesozoicbirds)

> Mesozoic Birds: Above the Heads of Dinosaurs
> Edited by Luis M. Chiappe and Lawrence M. Witmer (Witmer is a subscriber
to this list)

> The book covers a wide range of topics, including discussions of avian
origins, the fossil record of feathers and footprints, bone histology, and
locomotor evolution. Controversial taxa such as Protoavis, Caudipteryx, and
Mononykus receive special treatment. But the heart of the volume presents
the anatomy, relationships, and paleobiology of the undisputed Mesozoic
aviary.

is available online: http://go.ucpress.edu/mesozoicbirds

win a free book:  http://www.ucpress.edu/books/emailsignup.html