Re: possible ceratopsian feeding behaviour?

On Friday, November 29, 2002, at 11:55 PM, Stephan Pickering wrote:

Rhinos, like ceratopsians, have wide mouths

Ceratopsians had narrow mouths (beaks), not wide mouths, so I don't see why rhinos give us any insight into the feeding behaviour of ceratopsians in particular. The rhino-ceratopsian analogy is very weak, and has been stretched too far.

John Conway, Palaeoartist

"Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." - Walt Whitman

Systematic ramblings: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/
Palaeoart: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/_palaeoart.html
Skeletals: http://homepage.mac.com/john_conway/_skeletals/