RE: mass extinctions and technology

There is more than you might think; unfortunately, a lot of paleobiologists
don't talk to the taphonomy-types and vice versa.

You might want to start with the following webpage (in German):
http://www.senckenberg.uni-frankfurt.de/fis/whv_aktupal.htm
Or do a Google search and see what you come up with.

As I mentioned, in the English literature (don't know about the French or
Spanish-language), this discipline is generally not given a distinct name,
so you would have to search for it under taphonomy.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite