Re: Homage to Spinosaurus

"Noel D. Hill" wrote:

> Here's my finished, modern spinosaurus. Comments and critique are more
> than welcome.
>
> http://art-of-ndhill.netfirms.com/images/spinosaurus2.jpg

Here's my own guesstimate of Spinosaurus, based obviously on the
Suchomimus skeleton, with a completely mythical head. This was my
attempt at incorporating the neural spine measurements from Stromer's
1915 article into a skeletal reconstruction, to see roughly how they pan
out. You'll see how large the dorsal sail was (larger than in your
image). Some of those spine estimates were as tall as I am (1.65
metres).

http://www.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/temp/Spino-estimate.gif