Montreal and Irvine

My family is going on a business-cum-vacation trip to Montreal and Irvine, CA for the whole month of November. Any suggestions as to what museums and institutes I can visit? Way back in 89 we went to La Brea; visited UM Ann Arbor, Nat'l Musuem of Nat His, AMNH and San Diego in 98; and in 99 (thanks to your suggestions) went to the Canadian Museum of Nature in Ottawa. Thanks in advance.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog Mines and Geosciences Bureau Philippines