IMPORTANT SVP AUCTION LUGGAGE INSTRUCTIONS

Howdy from Big Wonderful Wyoming!

I would like to encourage everyone attending this year's annual meeting
of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology to add at least one item for
the auction in their luggage. This year's proceeds will support the SVP
Education and Outreach Activities.

We need as many donations as possible. These may include small casts,
books,
reprints, artwork, toys, t-shirts, whatever (excluding fossils).  No one
has an excuse for not bringing something. No item is too small! If you
don't have something in your possession that you wish to part with, go to
your local stores and pick up some fun prehistoric animal novelty items.
In addition, unusual or eccentric items are always encouraged.

Thank you in advance for making the 20th Anniversary SVP Auction a
wonderful success in
Oklahoma. Let's celebrate 20 years of the SVP Auction in style.
See you in Norman!

Cheers,
Brent Breithaupt
Chair, SVP Auction Committee

20TH ANNIVERSARY SVP AUCTION -1980'S THEME
Friday, October 11, 2002
Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
Norman, Oklahoma

Auction Schedule of Events
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm Silent Auction
9:00 pm  Start of Live Auction
10:30 End of Live Auction

Yes! It's the 20th Anniversary of the Annual Auction. We started the
auction
way back in 1983 in Laramie Wyoming. To celebrate this auspicious
occasion,
the Auction Committee will be going "retro," appearing in '80s outfits.
Hit
tunes from the '80s, plenty of fun, and auction craziness will abound.
Bring
your cameras 'cause no one knows what will happen next.

This occasion is guaranteed to be memorable!  Please feel free to get into
the spirit of things by donating items that celebrate the past 20
years.....
or just bring or send anything! We look forward to seeing you at this
year's
event. Food and beverages will be provided. This year's proceeds will
support the SVP Education and Outreach Activities.

You can bring items to the meeting or send them in advance to the Sam
Noble
Museum Oklahoma Museum of Natural History. An Auction donation form can be
downloaded at:
www.vertpaleo.org/meetings/AuctionFlyer.pdf
<http://www.vertpaleo.org/meetings/AuctionFlyer.pdf>