Re: HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Oyvind Padron wrote-

> > "New Mexico theropod Fred" - Any news on Fred? Does he have a name? A
> > placement in the dinosaur tree of life?

Still undescribed, but see
http://www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2001Jul/msg00808.html .  It's probably a basal
coelurosaur.

> > USNM 3027 - One partial tibia or something. I can understand if theres
> still
> > no info on this one. name?
> >
> > PAL250 - A tooth, any further info? name?

Where did you hear about these?

> > Eshanosaurus deguchiianus - Any news on it's classification?

It was described as a segnosaur, but Jaime and some others feel it is more
likely to be a basal sauropodomorph.  See
http://www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2001Sep/msg00670.html .  Looks to have a mix of
characters to me, making the situation more difficult to solve than one
would think.

> > Labocania anomola - could this be some kind of abelisaurid?

Probably not.  It has a coelurosaurian triangular obturator process.  The
greatest resemblence is between tyrannosaurids and "Chilantaisaurus"
maortuensis (Chure, 2001).  Both of which are basal coelurosaurs, and may be
fairly closely related as well.  Smith and Lamanna are redescribing the
taxon, so will have more to say in the future.

> > Protoavis texensis - is this still considered a composite?

It looks to be part drepanosaurid (Paul, 2002) and part basal theropod
(probably Coelophysis) (Hutchinson, 2001; Witmer, 2001).  Part may also be
tanystropheid (my idea based on comparisons to a new taxon shown by
Atanassov at SVP 2001).

> > Quilmesaurus curriei - Was this a Carnosaurid? Or do i remember all
wrong?

Probably abelisauroid.  See
http://www.cmnh.org/dinoarch/2002Jul/msg00259.html .

> > Rapator ornitholestoides - Is this only known from one little bone?
> > Alvarezsaurid?

Yup.

> > Revueltoraptor - does it have a species name? What's its classification?

No species name, it's still unpublished.  May be coelophysoid, but this is
only based on a couple vertebrae and a proximal pubis.

> > Sinocoelurus fragilis - Any classification?

Based on some laterally compressed, unserrated teeth.  If it is dinosaurian,
could be maniraptoriform.  But who knows what other animals might have
similar teeth....

Mickey Mortimer