RE: The Epidendrosaurus and aye-aye

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 16:46:17
>Maybe the long fingers are just how these dinosaurs'
>grow---long fingers and big eyes become less proportionally huge as >the rest
>of the animal grows to fit them.

Hmmm...I haven't thought of that, but it's an interesting thought.  Certainly
eyes become proportionally smaller as an animal grows, but is this true of
digits?  Plus, isn't only digit III abnormally long in _Epi._/_Scan._?  If this
were a developmental thing, then it would be truly weird, with parts of the
hand being out of sinc with the others.

Still, it's thought provoking.  I really want to see this book...

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte
Geophysical Sciences
University of Chicago
Dino Land Paleontology-http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com