RE: The Epidendrosaurus and aye-aye

>>Plus, isn't only digit III abnormally long in _Epi._/_Scan._?  If this
were a developmental thing, then it would be truly weird, with parts of
the hand being out of sinc with the others.<<

Yeah, well, it may be developmental, but HP Marjanovic reminded me that
having a third finger longer than the others is just weird no matter how
you cut.  So there should be _some_ functional reason as to why that
digit is long.  The only two I can think of are grub-grabbing and
feather-support (although as HP Paul says, most dinosaurs supported the
feather from digit two).   Hmmm---maybe some sort of insect-capturing
device.  :)  Hmm, like they thought about Archaeopteryx?  :)

[as to Incisivosaurus]
>> Only the front teeth are the weird ones, and they are where
therizinosaurs (and derived oviraptorosaurs) have a beak. Just two
different solutions to make a cutting edge, maybe.<<
I suppose.  What do the bone scars and blood-vessel fenestration tell us
about the extent of Incisicosaurus's beak?

Dan