Home for dinos needed in HS curriculum!

The state of Maryland is pushing a reorganization of the high school
science curriculm.  Physics will be taught first (a kind of action
physics), followed by chemistry, then bio in eleventh grade.  While this
makes sense for several reasons (chem is dependent on physics and bio on
both--also, juniors can better pass a high school assessment bio test than
freshmen!), it means that the student masses will no longer be required to
take Earth Science.  So, where do we teach plate techtonics, the fossil
record, etc.  Bear in mind that the state tests ask only a few questions
on evolution--it is de-emphasized.  Also, teachers must scramble to cover
what is tested--primarily biochem, ecology, and heredity.  reminds me of
the gradual elimination of geography from social studies.