Re: I need help on unnamed/unpublished dinosaurs.

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 padron@stud.ntnu.no wrote:

> Again i browsed through my dinosaur folders to find the following 5
> dinosaurs, i need some identifying help on;
>
> 1. The well known prosauropod maxilla found on Madagascar, allso featured
> in National Geographic. Any news on this one? Name?

Nothing more to my knowledge on this one. To place a name on it might
not be wise at this point, it may not have enough characters to make it
diagnosably different from Azhendosaurus (which IMO IS a sauropodomorph,
but thats another story) or Thecodontosaurus. BTW I would not call it a
prosauropod as the possibility it belongs to a stem form outside
Prosauropoda + Sauropoda seems quite high. I would go no further than
identifying it as Sauropodomorpha indet.

> 2. Another ?prosauropod maxilla/dentary from ?Madagascar, but this one
> looks much more 'dentaryish', that is, not as triangular as maxillas
> usually look, but i think it was supposed to be a maxilla. Supposedly
> rather small. Name? Classification?

ditto

> 4. The coronosaurian ulna from Australia. I think this one was allso
> featured in a Jurassica episode on Discovery Channel. Has it yet recieved
> any name? Are there more bones to this species?

No and no. Some doubt the identification.

cheers

Adam Yates