Re: Josh Smith et al in Egypt

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:11:25
 MariusRomanus wrote:
>The book is really good. Already read the sucker before the show. And as for
>the show, I seriously enjoyed it. I don't know about any of you, but seeing
>the photo plate with the mounted Spinosaurus sent chills down my spine.
>Fantastic.... yet tragic all at the same time. Drama rulz. The show is for
>sale on DVD and on VHS.

Certainly agreed.  It's a real easy read...and sort of reads like a mystery
novel.  It does a nice job of comparing and contrasting the quite similar
expeditions of Stromer and Josh and his UPenn team.  The book is similar to
Novacek and Horner's books, with science thrown in with a lot of adventure.

I reviewed this book, and for those interested, check out
http://www.geocities.com/stegob/books.html

I've yet to see the TV documentary, but I'm sure it will be excellent as well.

Congratulations to Josh and his team!

Steve

---
Stephen Brusatte
Geophysical Sciences
University of Chicago
Dino Land Paleontology-http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Watch a championship game with Elway or McGwire.
Enter Now at http://champions.lycos.com