Lost Dinos of the Bahariya Oasis in Egypt

Tuck, et al,
   Actually Tuck, compared to your own rather amazing adventures we had it
pretty easy in Egypt.  Our team stayed at a lodge on the Oasis, they (the
lodge) provided a plain breakfast, we then drove out with the LandRovers to
our various sites, out in the desert but within a 20-30 minute commute.  We
had shopped in the oasis town, Bawiti, in the evenings for our food for
lunch, then home at dusk for showers and a meal.  Not quite a hardship
assignment for the 6 weeks!  Other than the inevitable intestinal distress
(which I was thankfully spared) and sometime dust storms it was almost
idyllic.  (not too much heat in Jan and Feb for the 2000 expedition.)  I
came back with a wealth of photos.  One of which, a close-up of the
Paralititan humerus with entwined ribs, was used for the show. (which I
still haven't seen since I don't have cable)  Two other of my photos are in
the book, but were mistakenly attributed to someone not on the expedition,
Bob Walters.  (paleoartist extraordinaire)  You can check out a slew of my
photos from the 2000 Egyptian expedition at
http://groups.msn.com/DinosaurandFossilDigs as well as the other "official"
sites.
    Glad you enjoyed it and I look forward to seeing my Egypt 2000 self.
    Patti

Patricia Kane-Vanni, Esq.
pkv1@erols.com  or  paleopatti@hotmail.com
http://groups.msn.com/DinosaurandFossilDigs