Re: Dino-feather tyranny, grrr

Øyvind has a point.

  1) there is no proof that every maniraptoran known had feathers as
inferred for most eumaniraptorans, deinonychosaurs, etc. It is unknown if
most oviraptorosaurs, segnosaurs, or any troodontid had feathers. Just
some fossils support it, there are possible filaments in *Shuvuuia*, and
some basal dromies and segnos.

  2) artistic licence in cases where the condition is unknown says we can
restore them with or without feathers, filaments, or pants to our leisure.
The extent of feathers even, is not regulated except where the fossil of
the animal suggests otherwise. Like, not all animals would neccessarily,
though may, have the filaments like "Dave", NGMC 91, extend so far
rostrally on the snout.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden