Evolution of feathers

The complete citation our work on feather evolution is:

THE EVOLUTIONARY ORIGIN AND DIVERSIFICATION OF FEATHERS. Richard O. Prum
& Alan H. Brush.
Quarterly Review of Biology 77 (3):261-295 (2002)

A PDF file is attached.

Prum and I will have an article in the March, 2003, issue of Scientific
American. We each have manuscripts submitted to the proceedings of the
International Ornithological Congress which was in Beijing last August.
My paper is on the epidermal placode and its role in ontogeny. I deal
specifically with the ability to produce phenotypic plasticity.

Enjoy,

Alan
brushes2@juno.com
92 High Street
Mystic, CT. 06355
(860) 572-1717
*    This Mail List at USC.EDU only accepts PLAIN TEXT    *