Gigantic Texas Gator!

    At 18.5 feet long (about 5.7 meters) and weighing just under 2,100
pounds, an alligator found a few weeks ago lounging in a huge concrete pipe
at a construction site along State Highway 6 at Kitty Hollow Park in
Missouri City (just a couple of miles S-E of the Houston beltway), Texas, is
true to the Texas tradition of being, well, just plain BIG!

    I wonder if anyone on this list knows enough about gators to be able to
tell me how the Texas gator's size (or weight) compares to the largest known
of other contemporary gators.

    If you wish to receive a nice, color jpeg (75.1 KB) of the big gator,
please ask, off list.  It was sent to me by a relative in Texas.

    O.K. it's not quite "Super Croc", but good enough for a good Texas
gator-wrestling match!  :-o

    Ray Stanford

Sherlock Holmes in The Boscombe Valley Mystery    :)  -- because that Texas
gator is more than just a trifle big!