Re: the SVP pterosaur talks (Boreopricea)

Try to catch this paper:

M: J. Benton & J. L. Allen 1997
Boreopricea from the Lower Triassic of Russia, and the relatioships of the prolacertiform reptiles.
Palaeontology 40 (4):931-953.

I respectfully disagree with some conclusions about prolacertiform relationships, but the description of Boreopricea is really fine.

At 08.34 16/10/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Best guess IMHO as to what it is puts it close to a basal prolacertiform,
Boreopricea ~ but on steroids! I'm fascinated to learn more about this
creature.<
Ah! I have just completed a restoration of Boreopricea, and was about to ask
this list for more info. All I've got is that it was small, from Russia,
early Triassic, and possibly a prolacertiform. I'd like to add to the blurb
I have on my website here:
http://dinodomain.com/boreopircea.html
Thanks in advance for any additional info, or comments on the artwork.
Peace,
Rob

Student of Geology
400 E. McConnell Drive #11
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, Az. 86001
http://dinodomain.com
http://www.cafepress.com/robsdinos
AIM: TarryAGoat

_
"The voice from the lake then asked "which is the strangest thing of all?"
Judisthira replied "Every day men see other men die, they see the chariots with the >corpses and the fires, yet they keep living as they were immortals, >this is the strangest thing of all"

(from Mahabharatha)

Silvio Renesto

Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università degli Studi di Milano