New theropod papers

David Winkler, P.O. Dunn, C.E. McCulloch, 2002.
Predicting the effects of climate change on avian
life-history traits. Proc. National Academy of
Sciences 99(21):13595-13599
Sonya M. Clegg & I.P.F. Owens, 2002. The "island rule"
in birds: medium body size and its ecological
explanation. Proc. Royal Soc. London B269:1359-1365
Melinda M. McNaught & I.P.F. Owens, 2002.
Species-specific plumage in birds: species-recognition
or light environment? Jour. Evolutionary Biology
15:505-514
I.P.F. Owens, 2002. Male-only care and classical
polyandry in birds: phylogeny, ecology, and
sex-differences in remating opportunities.
Philosophical Transations Royal Soc. London
B357:283-293
K.E. Arnold & I.P.F. Owens, 2002. Extra-pair paternity
and egg dumping in birds: life history, paternal care,
and the risk of retaliation. Proc. Royal Soc. London
B269:1263-1269

I should note that these papers deal with living
dinosaurs, not isolated bone scraps, so do not be
disappointed if critical thinking is called for.
Another publication, for those, like me, who search
for data on megaherbivores, and the possible
applicability to pre-K/T dinosaurs (bifurcation theory
and fast-slow dynamical systems are of use):
R. Norman Owen-Smith, 2002. Adaptive herbivore
ecology: from resources to populations in variable
environments (Cambridge University Press), 374pp. His
earlier, 1988 Megaherbivores: the influence of very
large body size on ecology (Cambridge University
Press), 369 pp., is also worth studying in detail.