[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
re: the enigmatic pangolin reptile
>Best guess IMHO as to what it is puts it close to a basal
Boreopricea ~ but on steroids! I'm fascinated to learn more about this
Backing up a little:
A little research and a session with my files is starting to lead me
more toward the erythrosuchids as a closer sister taxa for the
Generally and informally:
1. Robust skull in lateral view with relatively reduced skull openings.
2. Except for the lateral temporal fenestra which is very large and
box-like, comprising about a third of the skull
2. Overall, very narrow in dorsal view
3. Reduced nares high on the snout
4. Anteriorly leaning quadrate.
This is a job for CLADISTICS!
Boreopricea, has the anteriorly leaning quadrate, but not much else
matches on closer examination. I'm sure Alex Downs can take it from