Re: Peering at review

In a message dated 10/21/02 3:17:17 PM EST, TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< Secondly, I really wish you wouldn't continue to equate a maniraptoran
 origin of birds with a "ground-up" origin of avian flight. >>

Sorry, but that's indeed the way it was before the BCF idea started getting
into the general dinosaur paradigm. BCF was created to oppose the ground-up
theory that was prevalent about a decade ago. Even though most
dinosaurologists still scoff at BCF, it's actually invading the discipline in
many subtle ways. Soon enough dinosaurologists everywhere will admit that,
no, by golly, we never had anything against BCF, etc., etc. Many
dinosaurologists, e.g., are now looking at derived maniraptorans as >perhaps<
secondarily flightless. It's gonna take hold, you watch.