Re: Peering at review

In a message dated 10/21/02 3:17:17 PM EST, TiJaWi@agron.iastate.edu writes:

<< I know certain folks (George among them) are
 attracted to the notion that there were all sorts of winged dino-birds
 fluttering around in the Triassic, but there is absolutely NO evidence of
 the existence of these critters. >>

Like I said with regard to special creation, do you really think that
Archaeopteryx was the only dino-bird in the Late Jurassic? I say that, as
with birds today, once you have a finch, you soon have fifty species of
finches; once you have an eagle, you soon have dozens of species of eagles.
And once you have archaeopterygid, you soon have dozens of species of
archaeopterygids, all over the world. And hundreds or thousands more
dino-bird species less closely related to archaeopterygids. They were there
all right, and maybe given time we'll be lucky enough to find some.

The existence of one species of finch is evidence for the existence of dozens
of kinds of finches. Likewise, the existence of Archaeopteryx is evidence for
the existence of dozens of species of archaeopterygids.