Re: Peering at review

<In Dino Press #6 I synonymized Velocisauridae with Noasauridae on the
basis  of similar foot anatomy, so that Noasauridae includes Noasaurus,
Masiakasaurus, Velocisaurus, and Ligabueino. I noticed the similarities
when I was researching the article. Now I read that the Indian Laevisuchus
should be in the family as well: not a problem, but dunno too much about
Laevisuchus these days. It's based on three cervicals that might look a
little like Masiakasaurus vertebrae.>

  Actually, there are four vertebrae in the series referred to
*Laevisuchus indicus*, one of which is a "dorsal", based on size. Another
axis and some other size-classed verts, including the *Coeluroides* axis
and *Jubuluria* caudals probably belong to the same taxon. All are
abelisauroid and small, with similarities to those seen in the Caranno,
Sampson, Forster monograph on *Masiakasaurus* in the new JVP. Most of the
bloody theropods of the Lameta levels are synonymous with each other,
including the braincase *Lametasaurus* which was named following
*Indosuchus*, which is a likely synonym. So too, does *Ornithomimoides,*
*Dryptosauroides* and *Compsosuchus* appear to belong to a size-class of
likely abelisauroids and referrable in any way to the two discreet large
theropods of the Lameta. Undesignated limb material appears to belong to
one or the other, or both.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden